Business Travel Programs After COVID-19
Establishing a Safe Return to Travel
Although there is much uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic, adapting and finding ways to keep business moving forward is critical.
While many companies have shifted to virtual meetings to secure new and retain existing business, these changes may not be sustainable. In fact, according to a study conducted for the USTA, the reduction of business trips could lead to a 17% drop in company profits that will take three years to recover.
No matter how companies chose to do business during and after the pandemic, there are a variety of considerations to ensure employees are able to return safely to travel.
With this webinar from Business Travel News, you’ll learn:
- Who is involved in making business travel decisions
- How the traveler experience has changed
- Ways to build and deliver on traveler trust
- Carmen Smith, Sr Manager Travel & Events – ICF
- Rebecca Jeffries, Travel & Event Services Director – Toyota North America
- Ann Derry, Global Travel Director – S&P Global
- Caroline Strachan, Managing Partner – Festive Road
- Bruce McIndoe, President & Founder - WorldAware
The views and opinions made in this webinar are those of the presenters, and do not necessarily reflect those of Enterprise Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates.