Austria is full of unique attractions, such as Hohensalzburg Castle, Vienna State Opera, and Melk Abbey. Renting a car from Enterprise allows you see all Austria has to offer whenever you please.
Requirements to rent a car in Austria include:
- A valid driver's license that has been held for at least one year.
- A valid passport.
- If your license is written in non-Latin characters, you will also need to present an international driver's license.
The minimum age to rent a car in Austria from Enterprise is 21 years old. There is no maximum age rule or fee.
Age 21 - 24
- Can rent Mini, Economy, Compact, and Intermediate cars.
- At home city locations, a young driver fee of 10.10 EUR per day will apply, with a maximum of 101.00 EUR per rental. At airport locations, this fee is 11.81 EUR per day, with a maximum of 118.17 EUR per rental.
Age 25 and older
- Can rent Standard car groups and higher.
- No young driver fee applies.
Yes, one-way rentals are available in Austria between Vienna and Graz Airports. A drop fee of 28.36 EUR will apply. All fees quoted include VAT and local surcharges.
To get the most accurate price for your rental car, start a reservation by inputting the dates, times, and location. There are several factors to consider:
- Type of car
- Additional insurance and protection products included in reservation
- Other add-ons such as Wi-fi access, GPS, child seats, and ski racks
- Whether the car is picked up and dropped off at the same location or domestic one-way
- Number of additional drivers
For a safe and fun journey through Austria, keep the following driving tips in mind:
- Some roads have lanes specifically designed for buses. Do not drive in these lanes during hours that the buses run.
- Speed limits are strictly enforced in Austria. Driving speed is monitored by law enforcement as well as cameras.
- It is recommended to turn on your flashing hazard lights if you are approaching a traffic jam as a way to warn those driving behind you that cars are slowing down.
- If you see an emergency vehicle coming, clear a path down the center of the road. If you are in the right lane, pull off to the right. If you are in the left lane, pull off to the left.