Attractions such as Gornji Grad, Dubrovnik, and Korcula Island, make Croatia a popular destination with tourists and business travelers alike. Renting a car with Enterprise will allow you to explore this beautiful country at your own pace.
Requirements to rent a car in Croatia include:
- Renter must have a valid international or European Union drivers license for at least a year.
- Renter must present an ID or passport.
The minimum age to rent any car class in Croatia is 18. The maximum age is 80. A fee of 40.00 EUR per rental will apply to drivers age 18-20 for any car group. Prices are subject to change.
Renting a car is especially helpful if you're planning on visiting islands or coastal towns like Komarna. Day trips are also much easier and quicker to navigate by car. If you are going to the city of Istria, keep in mind that there are no trains that run here.
The cost of a rental car will vary based on:
- Vehicle type
- Add on products like GPS, child seats, etc.
- Number of drivers
- Additional insurance and protection products
Starting a reservation online will give you the best idea of what your rental will cost.
- You cannot make a right turn on a red light, even if traffic is clear. Wait for a green light to turn right.
- Smaller roads are often not lit at night, so be extra cautious when driving in the dark.
- Download the HAK traffic app to receive updates on congested areas around town.
- In Zagreb, you can only park on the street for 2 to 3 hours. Parking garages allow you to leave your car for a longer period of time.