Attractions such as Gornji Grad, Dubrovnik, and Korcula Island, make Croatia a popular destination with tourists and business travelers alike. Renting a car with Enterprise will allow you to explore this beautiful country at your own pace.
Requirements to rent a car in Croatia include:
- Renter must have a valid international or European Union drivers license for at least a year.
- Renter must present an ID or passport.
The minimum age to rent any car class in Croatia is 18. The maximum age is 80. A fee of 40.00 EUR per rental will apply to drivers age 18-20 for any car group. Prices are subject to change.
Renting a car is especially helpful if you're planning on visiting islands or coastal towns like Komarna. Day trips are also much easier and quicker to navigate by car. If you are going to the city of Istria, keep in mind that there are no trains that run here.
To get the most accurate price for your rental car, start a reservation by inputting the dates, times, and location. There are several factors to consider:
- Type of car
- Additional insurance and protection products included in reservation
- Other add-ons such as Wi-fi access, GPS, child seats, and ski racks
- Whether the car is picked up and dropped off at the same location or domestic one-way
- Number of additional drivers
- You cannot make a right turn on a red light, even if traffic is clear. Wait for a green light to turn right.
- Smaller roads are often not lit at night, so be extra cautious when driving in the dark.
- Download the HAK traffic app to receive updates on congested areas around town.
- In Zagreb, you can only park on the street for 2 to 3 hours. Parking garages allow you to leave your car for a longer period of time.