Poland Car Rental
Poland Car Rental Guide
With many unique attractions such as Wawel Castle, St. Mary's Basilica, and the Tatra Mountains, Poland is a popular destination with tourists and business travelers alike. Renting a car from Enterprise will allow you to travel at your own pace.
How to rent a car in Poland
In order to rent a car in Poland, you must present:
- A valid driver's license that has been held for at least one year.
- A valid credit card in the renter's name.
- Customers from the USA, Canada, and Australia need a valid International Driving Permit (IDP) issued by their country of origin.
- Citizens of the Republic of China must submit their driver's license at the Citizens Affair Department to be authorized by a public notary and be translated to obtain a Polish equivalent.
What is the minimum age to rent a car in Poland?
You must be at least 21 years old to rent a car in Poland.
Age 21 - 24
- Can rent Mini, Economy, and Compact vehicles on the condition that you have held a driver's license for one year.
- Can rent an Intermediate, Full size, Standard Van, or Premium vehicle on the condition that you have held a driver's license for two years.
- A young driver's fee of 6.15 EUR per day will apply.
Can I drive my rental car to nearby countries?
Yes, you can take your rental car cross-border. If you plan to do so, you must notify Enterprise staff at the time of rent. A cross-border fee of 61.50 EUR will apply. Cars are permitted to travel to all European countries with the exception of Albania, Belarus, Bosnia - Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
Are there tolls in Poland?
Yes. Certain sections of highways A1, A2, A4, and A8 require you to pay a toll. The fee you pay is based on the weight of your vehicle and how far you are traveling.
Tips for driving in Poland
As you're driving throughout Poland, keep the following info in mind:
- You must have your headlights on at all times during the day and at night.
- Using the phone while driving is prohibited.
- Children must be 12 years or older to sit in the front seat.