Driving On Chicago Toll Express Lanes in a Rental Car
Does Enterprise offer the ability to use toll express lanes?
Yes! The Toll Pass Waiver Program offered in the Chicago Metropolitan area consists of the rental of a transponder device which allows the customer to drive through designated toll express lanes. You can add the toll pass device at time of rental. You will then be provided with a toll transponder. Be sure to read and follow the instructions on how to use the transponder when traveling through the eligible areas. Tolls are recorded by the transponder device and the waiver covers any unpaid tolls.
Is there an additional fee to use the program?
Yes. To enjoy the convenience of the TollPass Waiver Program, customers will pay a daily fee of $10.99 per rental day. This fee covers the use of the transponder device and all tolls incurred during the rental period.
What are my options when renting?
- You may purchase the TollPass Waiver
- If the TollPass Waiver product is not purchased or the transponder device is not properly deployed, then the tolls must be paid for at the toll plaza.
- Any unpaid tolls, generated by renters who did not opt for the TollPass Waiver, are handled by our Customer Service Center for Citations.
Our center will send you a letter, advising you of these charges which will include:
- A one-time administrative fee will be charged to the credit/debit card on file with your rental agreement. In addition, you will be subject to violation fees and penalties from the associated toll authority. Your renter information may be provided to the toll authority or others for collection of unpaid tolls, penalties and administrative fees.
- The transponder must be returned with the rental vehicle. A $25.00 fee will be charged for transponders returned in a damaged condition or for transponders which are not returned.
Chicago Customer Service Center for Citations:
Monday through Friday: 8 AM - 4 PM CST
United States Toll Free Number: 1 (800) 935-0112
International Toll Free Number: 800 0910 1111