What are Your Driver's License Requirements for Renting in the UK, Ireland and Germany?
- All drivers must have a valid non-expired driving license and photographic identification to be produced at the time of rental.
- There is no minimum length of time the license needs to be held for before hiring with us.
- International Driving Permit required with any non-European License or when the driver's license is in a language and/or in characters different to those of renting country.
- All international renters require a passport as well as a driving license.
- International renters must have proof of return travel and residency information while in the United Kingdom.
- Domestic Renters must produce a Photo ID/Passport
- City (non-airport) locations in the United Kingdom: must show valid proof of address dated within the last three months.
- All drivers must produce, at the time of rental, a valid non-expired driver's license and two proofs of address, including photographic identification.
- International Drivers Permit is required for all Non-European Licenses or when the driver's license is in a language and/or in characters different to those of renting country.
- All overseas renters require a passport as well as a driver's license
- All drivers must present a valid non-expired driver's license at the time of rental.
- Those holding a license issued in a Non-Latin-Letter Alphabet must also present a valid International Drivers Permit.
- All overseas renters require a passport as well as a driving license
- The driving license must have been issued by authorized authorities at least 12 months before the date of the commencement of the rental.
Note: All locations reserve the right to request additional ID or conduct further ID checks. These may include ID checks with external partners who may check supplied details against databases to which they may have access.