One Way Car Rental Policy
At participating Enterprise rental locations, a vehicle can be rented in one location and returned to another; however, please be advised that:
- Some one way rentals are assessed a one-time drop charge or mileage charge in addition to the rental rate.
- The drop charge fee varies by rental location, return location, and time of year. If there is a drop charge fee, it will be disclosed when you book via the web site and is payable at time of pick up.
- The rate to go one way may also be higher than if returning to the same location.
- Please book your one way rentals in advance.
- Rentals that are returned within the same city could be subject to a drop charge, mileage charge, or higher rate.
In addition to the above policies, please make sure to review our Border Crossing Policy to ensure all additional requirements are met.
To see if your rental location offers one way rentals start a new car rental reservation.
- Once on the "Start a Reservation" page, enter in your pick-up location.
- Then click on the one way "Return to a different location" box.
- Once you have made this selection, you will be prompted to enter in a return location.
- If a one way is allowed, you will be taken to the 'Choose A Vehicle Class' screen.
- If a one way is not allowed, you will receive the following message: