Mileage Reimbursement vs. Car Rental Calculator
Businesses are recognizing many benefits of renting a car instead of using employees’ personal vehicles when they need to travel for work, including:
- Save money by renting vehicles (often at discounted corporate rates) instead of paying for mileage reimbursement.
- Reducing insurance and liability risk for employees.
- Providing reliable, late-model vehicles with modern safety features.
- Representing your company’s brand with professionalism. When your employees rent a vehicle from Enterprise or National, you can be confident their rental vehicles will be clean and damage-free.
Calculate how much you can save by renting a car instead of being reimbursed for miles driven by filling out the reservation form with the instructions below.
How To Use Our Mileage Reimbursement Calculator
Complete required fields based on the travel event being considered. Once all the values have been entered, click ‘Continue’. The tool will calculate the costs for both renting from Enterprise and reimbursing the employee’s mileage. The more cost-effective method will be highlighted.
- Travel distance: The total round trip miles by car for the travel event. To map out your travel, try using Google Maps.
- Cost of fuel: The current price per gallon for fuel. Find current fuel rates with help from AAA.
- Reimbursement rate: A rate determined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that a taxpayer can deduct per mile driven for business, charitable activities, moving or medical purposes The current rate can be found on the IRS website.
Other Business Travel Offerings
Travel Management Tool
Book and manage car rentals on behalf of your company’s travelers.
Entertainment & Production
Whether it’s a film or TV production, concert or sporting event, enjoy a wide selection of vehicles, including exotics, SUVs and box trucks.
Ready to Learn More?
Save time and money with customized business car rental programs from Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.