Costa Rica Car Rental
What to Know Before Visiting Costa Rica
We look forward to your visit to Costa Rica. We can’t wait for you to drive through the beautiful roads of our country. Due to the ongoing pandemic, we urge you to check the latest travel requirements to enter Costa Rica.
Costa Rica Car Rental Locations
With many unique attractions, such as Arenal Volcano, Monteverde, and Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica is a popular destination with tourists and business travelers alike. No matter if you’re visiting for only a few days or staying for a month or more, you can count on us to provide the perfect vehicle for your transportation needs. Get your trip started with a rental car from one of our San Jose or Liberia locations.
Check out the latest deals on car rental in Costa Rica.
Tips for Driving in Costa Rica
- A four-wheel drive car or SUV is a good choice during the rainy season.
- Addresses in Costa Rica are different from the US. They are not labeled with names or numbers but are given by cardinal points (North, South, East, West). A GPS with live updates and/or a phone with a navigation App is highly recommended. A physical map may also come in handy as a backup.
- We recommend driving during daylight as overgrowth, crossing livestock, and unpaved roads can make for tough road conditions that international drivers may not be used to.
Renting a Car in Costa Rica
- The purchase of Third Party Liability (TPL) is required on all vehicles while renting a car in Costa Rica.
- Most auto insurance policies from outside Costa Rica do not provide coverage.
- Liability insurance purchased on third party travel websites and insurance through credit or debit cards are not acceptable forms of coverage.
Know before visiting Costa Rica
We look forward to your visit to Costa Rica.
We can't wait for you to drive through the beautiful rodads of our country, Due to the ongoing pandemic, we u rge you to check the latest travel requirements to enter Costa Rica athe link below
See the latest entre requirment
- Belén Heredia
- Coco Beach
- Dominical Beach
- Downtown Liberia
- Downtown Quepos
- Downtown San José Paseo Colón
- Escazu Plaza Tempo
- Golfito Marina Village
- Guanacaste Dreams Las Mareas Resort
- Hotel Four Seasons
- Hotel Irazu
- Hotel Marriott
- Hotel Wyndham
- JW Marriott Hotel
- La Fortuna
- Liberia Airport Hilton Garden Inn Hotel
- Lindora Momentum Plaza
- Marina Los Sueños
- Papagayo Peninsula Hyatt Andaz Resort
- Paso Canoas
- Peñas Blancas
- Playa Hermosa Occidental Papagayo Hotel
- Puerto Viejo
- San José Plaza Viquez