New Orleans Louis Armstrong Intl. Airport (MSY) Car Rental
New Orleans Car Rental FAQs
What are the renter requirements to rent a car in New Orleans?
- To rent a car from Enterprise, you must be at least 21 years old. If you’re between the ages of 21 – 25, you will be required to pay a young renter fee of $20 per day.
- If you have a Louisiana state-issued driver’s license, you must pay for your rental with a major credit card. You cannot pay with a debit card. There is also a $400 deposit required when reserving your vehicle. This deposit amount is refunded after your car is returned.
- Non-Louisiana state residents can pay for their rentals with a credit or debit card. If paying with a debit card, you must provide a return flight itinerary along with your payment. There is also a deposit required for rentals equivalent to 20% of the entire rental reservation. This deposit amount is refunded after your car is returned.
What forms of payment are accepted?
All major credit and debit cards are accepted. Pre-paid cards are only accepted as a form of payment when returning a rental car. We do not accept pre-paid cards to reserve a vehicle. If you’re renting a car with a debit card, you must submit a return flight itinerary with payment. Only non-Louisiana state residents can rent a vehicle with a debit card.
Can I add an additional driver to my reservation?
Yes. Customers can add an additional driver to their rental for $20 per day. Spouses and significant others can be added to rentals at no additional charge.
What steps are being taken to clean the rental cars?
Each rental vehicle at Enterprise is thoroughly cleaned between every rental and backed with our Complete Clean Pledge. This includes washing, vacuuming, general wipe down, and sanitizing with a disinfectant that meets leading health authority requirements, with particular attention to more than 20-plus high-touch points. We also extend the Complete Clean Pledge to our shuttles (for airport locations) and neighborhood branches.
Can I modify, extend or cancel my current reservation?
You can modify or cancel your reservation via our website or mobile app. We have extended our existing no-fee cancellation policy to include customers with pre-paid rentals booked directly through us. To extend your car rental, click “Call to Extend Your Rental” in our mobile app. You can also call your rental branch direcly at 1-833-789-0983 to extend your reservation.
Renting a Car at New Orleans Louis Armstrong Intl. Airport (MSY)
There is a shuttle that runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and takes passengers to and from the terminals.
- For shuttle pick up: Exit the terminal on Level 1 near Baggage Claim and walk toward the Long-Term Parking Garage adjacent to the terminal.
- For shuttle drop off: The drop off location is in front of the Consolidated Rental Facility (600 Rental Blvd, Kenner, LA 70062.)
Car Rental Returns and After-Hours Returns
Customers pick up and return their rentals on the first floor of the Consolidated Rental Facility.
- If returning a vehicle after hours, there is a drop box for keys located near the front lanes of the Consolidated Rental Facility.
New Orleans Car Rental Tips
- Tolls: There are no tolls in the city of New Orleans. There are tolls for those traveling to the North Shore, about 40 minutes north of New Orleans. When traveling southbound on the popular Causeway Bridge, you’ll encounter a $5 USD toll.
- Street Conditions: There are narrow streets filled with potholes in New Orleans, as well as neutral grounds (also known as medians) and U-Turn specific lanes that can be tricky to navigate.
Things to Do in New Orleans
- Take a road trip to Lafayette, Louisiana (2 hours away)
- Take a road trip to Baton Rouge, Louisiana (90 minutes away)
- Take a road trip to nearby beaches, such as Pensacola Beach, Florida; Orange Beach, Alabama; or cruise the Gulf Coast
- Visit popular destinations in New Orleans, including Bourbon Street, Garden District New Orleans tour, The National WWII Museum or New Orleans City Park