Can You Rent a Car Under 25 in the US and Canada?
Yes. The minimum age to rent a vehicle with Enterprise is 21 throughout the U.S., except in Michigan and New York where the minimum age to rent is 18. Any U.S. government employee can rent at 18 years of age but must show the rental location his or her official orders. Learn more about Government Rentals.
Young Driver Fees
- In Michigan, any driver 18-20 years of age will be charged an additional 'Young Renter Fee' of $36.50 per day, while any driver 21-24 years of age will be charged an additional 'Young Renter Fee' of $15.75 per day.
- In New York, any driver 18-20 years of age will be charged an additional 'Young Renter Fee' of $64.75 per day, while any driver 21-24 years of age will be charged an additional 'Young Renter Fee' of $30.75 per day.
All other renters under 25 will be required to pay a “young renter fee.” The average cost is approximately $25.00 per day but can be higher or lower based on the rental location. Start a reservation to determine how much your fee will cost.
What Do I Need to Rent a Car Under 25?
Here are some of the things you’ll need to rent a car from Enterprise if you’re under 25:
- To be at least 21 years old (Check the age requirements of each rental state here)
- A valid driver’s license with a photo
- A valid debit or credit card. Some Enterprise location may require a credit card.
Renters 21 through 24 years of age may be restricted to specific car classes. Please see exceptions below. Learn more about how to rent a car.
Car Rental Options for Under 25
At most locations, young renters between the ages of 21-24 may rent the following vehicle classes: Economy cars, Compact cars, Intermediate cars, Standard cars and Full Size cars; Cargo vans and Minivans; Pickup Trucks; and Compact SUVs, Small SUVs and Standard SUVs with seating up to 5 passengers.
Have more questions? Read our FAQs