Czech Republic Car Rental
Czech Republic Car Rental Guide
With many unique attractions such as Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, and Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul, Czech Republic is a popular destination with tourists and business travelers alike. Renting a car for your trip will allow you to see these attractions at your own pace.
Czech Republic Car Rental Requirements
You will need the following items in order to rent a car in Czech Republic:
- Valid driver's license
- An international driver's license, if it is required by your country of origin.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Czech Republic?
The minimum rental age in Czech Republic is 21 years old. A surcharge of 36.30 EUR per rental applies to any customer younger than age 25.
How much is a rental car in Czech Republic?
To get the most accurate price for your rental car, start a reservation by inputting the dates, times, and location. There are several factors to consider:
- Type of car
- Additional insurance and protection products included in reservation
- Other add-ons such as Wi-fi access, GPS, child seats, and ski racks
- Whether the car is picked up and dropped off at the same location or domestic one-way
- Number of additional drivers
Can I take my rental car to a nearby country?
If you plan to take your rental car to a country outside of Czech Republic, you must notify Enterprise staff at the time of rent. A cross-border fee of 36.30 EUR per rental applies.
Cross-border travel is permitted to the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Spain, France, Finland, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, Croatia, Italy, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, and Slovakia.
Cross-border travel is not permitted to the following countries: Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus, Estonia, Israel, Iran, Iceland, Lithuania, Latvia, Montenegro, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
Tips for driving in Czech Republic
The following driving tips will help you navigate throughout Czech Republic:
- Speed limits are strictly enforced by police.
- If a parking area has blue lines painted on the road, it is reserved for local residents.
- Headlights must be on at all times, day or night.
- Trams have the right of way.