Greece Car Rental
Greece Car Rental Guide
With many unique attractions such as the Parthenon, Santorini, and the Delphi Theater, Greece is a popular travel destination for tourists and business travelers alike. A rental car from Enterprise is a great way to get around Greece to see all its famous landmarks. No matter whether you are on the mainland or one of the world-renowned Greek islands, Enterprise has a convenient location for your trip.
How to Rent a Car in Greece
In order to rent a car in Greece, you will need the following:
- A valid international or EU drivers license held for at least 12 months. An ID card or passport must be presented as well.
- Greek residents are not required to have a passport, but must have a valid ID card.
How much does it cost to rent a car in Greece?
To get the most accurate price for your rental car, start a reservation by inputting the dates, times, and location. There are several factors to consider:
- Type of car
- Additional insurance and protection products included in reservation
- Other add-ons such as Wi-fi access, GPS, child seats, and ski racks
- Whether the car is picked up and dropped off at the same location or domestic one-way
- Number of additional drivers
What age can you rent a car in Greece?
Drivers must be at least 21 years old to rent any car from Enterprise in Greece. The maximum rental age is 75. Please see age policy details below.
Age 21 - 22
- A young drivers fee of 18.60 EUR per day will be applied if you wish to rent the following vehicle types: Compact, Intermediate, Fullsize, and Premium. Prices are subject to change.
- The young drivers fee does not apply to the following vehicle types: Mini, Economy, Compact 2-4 door.
Is insurance included with my rental?
Supplemental Liability Protection is included in your reservation at no additional cost. SLP is third party liability protection that covers damage as a result of an at-fault accident. You will also have the option to purchase a damage waiver, personal accident insurance, and theft protection. For details on what these additional protection products cover, visit our car rental insurance page.
Tips for driving in Greece
Check out these driving tips to make your trip around Greece easy and enjoyable.
- It is illegal to honk your horn in most parts of Greece.
- Traffic in Athens and Thessaloniki can be very congested. It is important to pay close attention to cars and pedestrians around you.
- Some parking spots in the cities mentioned above are reserved for Greek residents. Be sure to check posted signs before parking your car.
- Some gas stations do not accept credit or debit cards, so it is recommended to have cash with you.
- Greece's policies on driving in roundabouts is different than most countries. If you are driving in the circle, incoming traffic has the right of way and you must yield.
- Alexandroupolis Airport
- Araxos Airport
- Athens El Venizelos Airport
- Chania Airport
- Chios Island National Airport
- Corfu Airport
- Heraklion International Airport
- Ioannina National Airport
- Kalamata International Airport
- Karpathos Island National Airport
- Kavala Airport
- Kefalonia Airport
- Kos Island International Airport
- Lemnos International Airport
- Mykonos Island National Airport
- Mytilene International Airport
- Naxos Island National Airport
- Paros National Airport
- Preveza Aktion International Airport
- Preveza Off Airport
- Rhodes International Airport
- Samos Airport
- Santorini Airport
- Sitia Airport
- Skiathos International Airport
- Thessaloniki Intl. Airport Offsite
- Volos Nea Anchialos National Airport
- Zakynthos International Airport
- Agios Nikolaos
- Agios Nikolaos Domes of Elounda Hotel
- Athens Syggrou
- Chalkidiki Kassandra
- Chalkidiki Sithonia Porto Carras Grand Resort
- Chania Ag. Marina Office
- Corfu Acharavi
- Corfu Hermones Grand Mediterraneo Resort
- Corfu Holiday Palace Resort
- Corfu Marbella Corfu Hotel
- Corfu Port
- Downtown Athens
- Hersonissos Creta Maris Beach Resort
- Leptokarya Katerini Cavo Olympo Hotel
- Nea Kifisia
- Rhodes Ialyssos
- Rhodes Lardos Lindos
- Samos Pythagorio
- Sisi SENTIDO Vasia Resort
- Skiathos Port